AJ Woodworth is staking her place as one of Canada’s elite country and pop performers. Having first captured the attention of the music industry by winning the 2009 Canadian Country Music Association New Talent Showcase, she takes classic influences from country rock to soul and melds them into her own unique style.
In the last few years, AJ Woodworth has taken her success to a new level. Following her appearance as the lead singer on the 100th Anniversary theme for the PNE and a spot in the Canadian military tribute song and video, “Standing Strong and True”, AJ Woodworth was recognized as the 2011 BCCMA Female Vocalist of the Year and was signed by 604 Records. Having also been named the 2012 BCCMA Female Vocalist of the Year, AJ Woodworth has recently released her new album, highlighted by the lead single, “Hide Your Matches”. AJ Woodworth is one of Raincoast’s most accomplished and exciting talents.
The Raincoast Influence
For AJ Woodworth, Raincoast Music has provided the following:
- Produced a number of songs for shopping the artist and for radio release.
- Successfully shopped the artist to multiple record labels before signing with 604 Records.
- Currently co-manages the artist with Simkin Artist Management.
- Oversaw musical production of material by producers including Grammy Award-winner Chad Carlson.
- Sourced song material for the artist from internationally known publishers.
- Assisted in booking songwriting sessions.
- Coached and developed the artist’s live performance skills.
- Booked shows and co-ordinated players for the artist’s band.
- Established the target demographic and expanded awareness of the artist within their community and across Canada.
- Served as liaison between the artist and key industry entities.
- Maintained ongoing consultations with the artist regarding all aspects of career development.